Stop looking for the hookup because you don’t appreciate it or respect it when it’s given to you for free. Work for it, pay for it, and put it to good use, then watch the energy around you change for your good.
1. Schedule “Me Time.”
2. Practice walking meditation.
3. Get a professional massage and use self massage tools in between visits.
5. Don’t make commitments to others out of guilt.
6. Eat clean at least 90% of the time.
7. Exercise. Walking, lifting weights, dancing, yoga (ashtanga, vinyasa, Bikram, or Kemetic) and Pilates are great choices. If you can’t do anything listed here, simply stretch daily.
8. Practice yoga (Hatha, Kundalini or Yin), Qi Gong, or Tai Chi.
9. Get some energy work (e.g. Reiki or Joh Rei). It works best after a massage, stretching, or yoga session.
10. Go to counseling. Talk therapy works wonders. Especially when the counselor incorporates metaphysical practices.
I’d love to hear what you do to take care of yourself in the Comments section.
How do I keep my babies well while people contract virus after virus and infection after infection? Blackseed oil and bilberry syrup. The key is the ability of this concoction to reduce mucus and inflammation which is the root of most disease. I mix a tablespoon of bilberry syrup with a teaspoon of blackseed oil and I have an amazing healing potion that I give to my babies daily. You can take it too. Simply increase the dose to a tablespoon of bilberry syrup.
To make bilberry syrup, simply boil a handful of dried bilberries in two cups of clean water for 15 mins, strain, and add raw honey to taste. If you can’t find bilberries, elderberries work and they are much more affordable. Some people mix the blackseed oil with the bilberry syrup once it cools off. I like to keep them separate.
Store your healing magic in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It’s easy as pie. Thank me later!
P.S. Children under the age of 1 cannot consume honey due to the potential threat of botulism.
2 cups flour of your choice ( I prefer white spelt flour)
4 teaspoons aluminum free baking soda
1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup (FKA Grade B maple syrup) plus enough syrup to enjoy with your waffles.
2 eggs from pastured chickens or egg substitute
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2 cups coconut milk (I prefer it with the cream)
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Heat up some syrup to enjoy with your waffles.
3. Follow the directions for your specific waffle iron.
4. Serve with warm syrup.
Masa harina is a great flour to use for those of us who have trouble digesting corn. It’s simply non-GMO corn soaked in cal (food grade pickled lime) to increase it’s alkalinity and make nutrients like niacin more bioavailable. This process was derived from an ancient indigenous American practice.
Here’s my recipe for some yummy plant based cornbread.
2 cups masa harina flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pink or grey salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon flaxseeds in hot water for 15 minutes)
1/4 cup raw honey (or sweetener of your choice) adjust amount according to your taste
2 cups hemp milk (or other dairy free milk of your choice I love hemp seed milk sweetened with date syrup)
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients to form a batter.
Grease a glass 13×9 dish with coconut oil.
Add the batter to the glass dish.
Cook for 30 minutes or so (depends upon your oven and altitude)
Serve with a pot of greens or cabbage.
Have you ever seen a thin person with cellulite? Well I’m here to tell you there are probably more thin people with it than you think. What’s the reason? Cellulite is not a fat issue. It’s all about breaking up and smoothing out fascia, the network of connective tissue under our skin. It’s the biological fabric that holds us together and when it’s compromised, fat can bulge through no matter what size you are. Here are some tips to reduce the appearance of cellulite. If you stick to it, you can get rid of it all together. You can thank me later and send before and after pics.
- Do a foam roller workout 5x per week.
- Stay hydrated.
- Get in the dry sauna 5x per week.
- Eliminate refined sugar and grains.
- Practice yoga (not Hatha or Yin) or Pilates 5x per week.
Share your success smashing cellulite in the comments. Love and bliss!
#Sherriceisms – I have rules!
Do you celebrate holidays that are different than those mandated by the Gregorian calendar? I do. In fact, I celebrate solstices, equinoxes, Kwanzaa, full moons, new moons, birthdays, and personal, family, and friend accomplishments. Here are the top 10 reasons why and I’d love to hear about your personal holidays in the comments field.
1.Nature celebrations are an exchange. I give honor to the great I am within me for the creation and I get wisdom and healing in return.
2. My ancestors celebrated this way before religions existed.
3. I can celebrate solo or with a crowd.
4. I see the fruit of my efforts year after year.
5. No drama because I don’t spend a bunch of money on these celebrations. I light candles, meditate, chant, play games, and/or have fellowship with others. No gifts required unless that’s what we agree to do.
6. I create the rituals. There’s no authority telling me what to do so it’s genuine, unique, and authentic. And if I decide not to celebrate, no one asks me a million questions and calls me Scrooge.
7. I don’t get sick. Since most of the celebration food is my own, plant based, and sugar free, I feel alive after the celebration.
8. Because I want to.
9. Because I like to be different than others. Groupthink makes me nervous.
10. It feels good to me. I attend other holiday celebrations to be with my family. Truth is, I enjoy my family, yet the whole fabricated event to bring us together doesn’t feel good to me. I like to do what feels good.