Sometimes, the answers to great health are right in front of your face. My grandmother made the best stock ever and everyone felt better when they consumed it. I had no idea what she was feeding us back in the day but now, I know that bone stock contains easily digestible nutrients such as like magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, glycine, proline, and amino acids. It’s really just the base for soup. It can help reduce or eliminate joint and gut pain, enhance the quality of your skin, nails, and hair, reduce the appearance of cellulite, boost your immune system, and much, much more. While this has not been scientifically proven, my family and I are living witnesses! I guess Grandma does know best. Here’s the recipe.
- 5-10 large chicken bones (from pastured chickens)
- 2-5 chicken necks (from pastured chickens) OPTIONAL
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 crockpot full of purified water
- Spices and herbs of your choice (e.g. pink salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, turmeric, etc.)
- Add all the ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 1-2 days or until the marrow is falling out of the bones.
- Strain the broth.
- Add seasonings of your choice.
- Store in a glass mason jar. It stays good in the refrigerator for up to one week and in the freezer for up to one year.
- Drink the stock daily, until your body tells you it’s no longer needed. Heat it up the old-fashioned way, so DO NOT use the microwave. You can use the stock to make pho, soup, or season steamed veggies. The choice is up to you.
I suggest not consuming junk and processed food, chips, pretzels, candy, or desserts with raw, refined, or artificial sugar and/or bleached flour for optimal results.