Here’s a recipe that’s popular with adults and children alike. Each person who has made this swears they’ll never buy store bought granola ever again. Enjoy!
3 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup gluten-free raw nuts of your choice (I suggest pecans and blanched almond slivers)
¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt crystals
½ tsp cinnamon – I add a little more than this 🙂
¼ cup raw honey
¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
1 cup or two of whatever else you want – e.g. cranberries, golden raisins, coconut, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, dried apricots, or whatever floats your boat
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix raw honey, coconut oil, and vanilla (If using vanilla bean powder, mix it with the dry ingredients. Also, you may have to heat the raw honey just a little to get it sticky).
3. In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts, salt and cinnamon (If using vanilla bean powder, mix it with these ingredients).
4. Mix oat and honey mixtures, ensuring that the oats are saturated.
5. Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake until the granola is very light golden brown (15 minutes or less).
7. Cool the granola completely. It will harden as it cools.
8. Once the granola’s cool, add in your extras (shredded coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc.)