- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup raw turbinado
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (cassia)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt crystals
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (substitute for 1 cup buttermilk)
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed + 1/2 cup water (substitute for 2 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Prepare buttermilk and egg substitutes.
- Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl (If using a blender, beat for 3 minutes).
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Smooth out the batter.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Test with toothpick to determine whether or not the loaf is done (when inserted it should come out clean).
- Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.
Serves 4-6 people