- 1/2 cup raw honey, coconut sugar crystals, or grade B maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup purified water
- 2 cup organic spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons raw honey, coconut sugar crystals, or Grade B maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons alum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt crystals (finely ground)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- Combine water, peaches, the sweetener you selected, and spices in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Stir until peaches reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the filling into a 9″ square baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put the baking dish on a cookie sheet because the fruit will most likely bubble and spill in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Combine spelt flour, the sweetener you selected, alum free baking powder, and pink Himalayan salt crystals in a bowl.
- Cut in extra virgin coconut oil until mixture resembles cornmeal. If you like a more dougy mixture, just add a little more milk.
- Stir in milk until mixed, then either pour directly on top or drop by spoonfuls onto the hot fruit.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.